We hope you love Wine Candles as much as we love making them. Here is some disclaimer information you should know...
Wine Candles is not affiliated with any company whose label is on our candles. We save empty bottles from going into landfill and upcycle them by turning them into luxurious candles. We source our bottles from places including our cellar, friends, family, restaurants, bars, functions, hotels, and wineries.
Our bottles are hand cut by us. Something we’ve discovered is how wonky wine bottles are. We’ve found the glass is not always the same thickness, the bottles are not always round, and there are often air pockets in the glass. Labels damage easily and there are sometimes unavoidable scratches, marks, small tears and other imperfections. Our candles are hand poured using premium soy wax and Australian-crafted fragrance oils. Soy marks easily and is sensitive to heat. In other words, we do our best to make a perfect product and ship it in top-notch condition, but any irregularities should be considered as features and will not affect the candle’s function.
Not all the wax in your candle will melt to the bottom. Most bottles have a dimple at the bottom (called the punt). Its purpose is to increase the bottle’s strength, but when turned into a candle it means a small area around the circumference will be left with wax and cannot burn due to the wick being centered. We have introduced a layer of green wax (for some candles) to indicate when the candle has reached the end of its current life and is due to be refilled.
If your candle has been provided with a lid, do not burn the candle with the lid in place. The lid will become very hot to touch and may cause burns to the skin. In extreme cases the excess heat may cause the glass to shatter.
If your candle has been provided with a dust cover, do not burn the candle with the dust cover in place. The dust cover is likely to catch fire. Once you have blown out the candle and the wax has re-set, you can put the dust cover back in place. Remember to remove it before you light the candle next time.
Always practice caution when burning candles. Important warnings to heed:
- Burn your candle within sight, never leave it unattended.
- Keep your candle away from anything that may catch fire.
- Keep your candle away from drafts and vibrations.
- Keep your candle away from children and pets. Never play with fire.
- Candles should not burn for more than 3 hours at a time.
- Trim the wick to 5 mm before lighting.
- If your candle has a lid, do not burn the candle with the lid in place.
- The candle glass will be hot during and after burning so beware touching the candle while it is hot and placing a hot candle on sensitive surfaces.